Corporate & Social Responsibilty
Here you can find all about how seriously Farm & Stable take every element of our Corporate & Social Responsibility. We work with horses every single day and it is our responsibility to look after the environment that we share to the best of our ability. We are making small steps forward every day to improve the environment for everyone and every animal that we share this planet with - but we have a long way to go. At Farm & Stable Supplies LLP we believe that by making small steps forward the planet will be a better place for our generation and all those to come.
OUR CORPORATE & SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
Farm & Stable Supplies LLP is conscious of its position both within the local community and within the national agricultural sector. We are proud to be a local business, sourcing as many of our raw materials as possible locally and providing a high-quality, locally-made product.
Farm & Stable Supplies LLP believes that our commercial success must be balanced with the needs of the communities within which we operate and that we have an ethical obligation to ensure that our relationship is mutually beneficial. To that end, we support a number of initiatives locally and nationally. In particular, we have chosen to champion initiatives for educating our communities. Initiative and have also forged positive relationships with local providers of primary, secondary and further education to support their educational aims.
We strive to make a positive impact within our communities, mindful that philanthropy is about more than signing a cheque. We encourage our employees to involve the Company in causes that are close to their own hearts, ensuring that we have a connection with the charities, fundraising endeavours, nature projects, schools, agricultural associations, local associations and other organisations that we support. A comprehensive list of the initiatives we sponsor is available upon request.
Farm & Stable Supplies LLP recognises our responsibility to provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from the successful operation of our activities, all of which will be conducted in accordance with the relevant statutory requirements. We shall ensure that all appropriate safeguards are implemented to prevent exposing either our employees or the general public to risks to their health and safety. We believe in the active participation of all employees in the maintenance of our high standards. Whilst ultimate responsibility for health and safety lies with the Managing Directors, we expect all employees to fulfil their duties under the Health & Safety at Work Act.
Farm & Stable Supplies LLP is committed to offering equal opportunities in recruitment, training and career development, having particular regard to individual aptitudes and abilities. Full and fair consideration is given to all applicants, regardless of race, sex or disability. We are proud to maintain high staff retention and aim always to train, develop and promote staff from within wherever possible.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
- Continual improvement in its environmental performance
- Preventing pollution
- Compliance with all environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevant to the industry sector in which it operates.
- Make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water, minimising waste, and recycling where possible
- Meet its duty of care requirements in relation to waste by ensuring the safe keeping, transportation and subsequent recovery or disposal of waste
- Use recycled construction materials whenever these can be commercially justified
- Keep transport use to a minimum and regularly service vehicle to maintain their efficiency
- Move away from a fleet of Petrol or Diesel vehicles. We encourage our team joint the electric vehicle revolution as vehicles are replaced. We already have EV's on fleet for our management and sales teams.